Serving Clients Across Texas

Enforcement of Divorce Decree

Retain Fort Worth Enforcement Representation

Unfortunately, many Texans find themselves contemplating more legal action shortly after a long and difficult divorce. This is because their ex-spouse has refused to comply with the terms of the court’s divorce decree, leaving their dependent spouse and sometimes their children without the support they need. When this happens, it may be time for the affected ex-spouse to start considering an enforcement action.

At O’Neil Wysocki P.C., we fully appreciate just how important property division, maintenance, and child support and custody decisions are for a healthy divorce. When these terms are ignored by one spouse, legal action is called for. Our dedicated Fort Worth enforcement attorneys are well-versed in the enforcement process and can help you make this violation against you and your family apparent to the court.

Get a dedicated advocate by your side during this difficult time. Contact us at (817) 332-2202 today.

When to File for Enforcement

When the court makes a final divorce decree, it assumes that both ex-spouses will uphold their ongoing responsibilities in a timely matter. When one ex-spouse regularly or grievously fails to do this, the court can take action against that individual (usually hold them in contempt of court) so that they fulfill the terms of the decree.

Enforcement can apply to matters concerning:

It is important in these cases that those filing for enforcement use clear and specific language to describe the divorce decree violations. Many assume that this is easy to do, but often these motions are thrown out due to language that is too vague for the court to rule on.

Contact Us Today

 to Schedule a Consultation

Frisco 7330 Stonebrook Parkway, Suite 100, MB #3,
Frisco, TX 75034
Map & Directions [+]

Fort Worth 2630 West Freeway, Suite 218,
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Map & Directions [+]

Houston 19 Briar Hollow Ln., Ste. 200,
Houston, TX 77027
Map & Directions [+]

Contact Us 817-332-2202

Family Law Representation at O’Neil Wysocki P.C

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter the county involved.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

Submission of this form confirms your agreement and understanding that no attorney-client relationship with our firm has been created.